|Louisiana Steel Buildings
Build and Buy Online!
Overall Heat Transmission Coefficient (U-Value)
A unit used to express heat passage through a complete building section, including air films. U-Values serve as a basis for determining transmitted heat loss. The lower the U-Value, the higher the insulation value.
Why are steel buildings so popular?
That's easy. Price. All around price. They are less per square foot than any other known form of construction, and can be erected quickly, offering its owners faster access to their new building. We are seeing more buildings sold for residential use. People are putting up shops and garages faster than you can count. As rural America gets divided into smaller ranches, we see the increase for barns, arenas, horse stalls... etc.
Pre Engineered Steel Buildings
Growth is good for every business. It can also be overwhelming when facilities, staff and production seem to be bursting at capacity. By adding needed space, it is possible to alleviate pressure by providing the appropriate workspace to achieve the greatest efficiency. Something that makes pre engineered steel buildings and steel storage buildings attractive to buyers is the flexibility of the external and internal floor plan. Every site has constraints that a conventional builder may be reluctant to work around, but metal buildings can be built to suit any site requirements.
There should be no reason not to consider a pre-engineered steel building for your construction solution. Steel buildings provide comfort and amenities equal or greater than conventional construction methods. If you are renting office space, and considering building your own complex, you can instantly realize the benefits of owning a steel building.
One of the most popular options available for metal buildings is a skylight. High quality translucent panels are an available option to any building. Skylights allow a great deal of light into a building. An adequate number of skylights will provide enough illumination for daytime work in a building, without the need for additional lighting. A standard configuration is to put two skylights per bay.
Recommended Installation Methods of Insulation
Roof insulation rolls are cut to lengths that will cover the distance from eave to eave, leaving a one-foot overhang on each side of the building.
1) Start at the end of the building and temporarily secure one end of the roll by attaching the insulation to the eave strut with double-faced tape.
2) Pull the insulation across the purlins with the vapor barrier toward the building interior. Double-faced tape attached to the opposite end of the insulation will keep tension on the roof roll while the metal panels are being attached over the insulation.
3) Install the next roll in the same manner, making sure the rolls are stretched tight, aligned properly and closely butted.
4) Fasten tabs using one of the methods described on the following page. Any rips or tears must be covered with matching facing tape to ensure a tight vapor seal.
5) Trim excess insulation flush to prevent it from acting as a wick and moving water into the building.Thank you for visiting Louisiana Steel Buildings. We provide the best service and prices when shopping for metal buildings or steel buildings.